When we launched, we knew that we would have challenges, and maybe make some mistakes. That’s why we wanted some founding members. We also recognised we have to keep evolving. Here’s our first update, on the last few weeks at The Common.
I feel, although we have created a beautiful space. I personally have not done enough to bring the community together at The Common. We have an awesome team working tirelessly behind the scenes. We have an amazing group of members. We just need to get everybody connected.
I feel that the time spent setting up the space (in an original 1970’s Squamish building), has resulted in me neglecting our number one asset – our members. Our goal was to build community. Both within our membership base and from the outside. So far we know that has not been achieved. I aim to fix that. Next week we plan on releasing a calendar of events.
Before then, we want you to come down this Friday for our first members social event. Come give us your feedback. The first drink is on us.
We have now added the following perks to memberships:
- Partnerships: We have a 15% discount card at partner locations, for our members
- Events: With each membership we include one event token per month. This can be used towards a beer, or free entry to one of our networking events each month
Here’s a list of updates that have done over the last two weeks:
- Wifi: Installation of new wifi network (150 Mbps) with access points over both floors
- Think Tank: Redecorated. Added soft furnishings. Installed glass door.
- Skype Room: Installed new flooring and table for Skype room (aka back office)
- Conference Room: Repainted the walls, installed flat screen TV.
- Heating: We’ve worked out the thermostat. We have set the room to 72F. http://alifeofproductivity.com/temperature-productivity/
- Power: We’ve added extra power sockets around the room
- Lighting: Added lights to the standing bench
- Fridge: We added a (beer) fridge
- Air Purifier
- Sound Insulation
- Garden/ Meeting Space