Community Manager | Job Description
Hours: 18-30 hours per week (contract)
Who are you? We’re looking for a passionate individual who is comfortable interacting with different people, who loves building connections.
You have some experience with customer service, sales, marketing and social media. You can communicate well online (good spelling and grammar) and in person (social skills). You will have a desire and passion for business, while you don’t have a problem cleaning the washrooms before you launch a big event.
Your “goal”, should you accept the challenge!…. is to build a highly connected, engaged and passionate community of like minded individuals. You will define your own metrics, track engagement and monitor; then celebrate with the community your shared success!
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build Community – Design and manage programmes & events that create an engaged and active community.
- Redefine Customer Service – Create an exceptional customer service experience. Manage inquiries and member relations. Maintain a clean and welcoming workspace.
- Supercharge Sales – Answer sales inquiries, generate new sales leads. Follow up on inquiries.
- Manage Unique Space – Ensure a clean and safe work environment including cleaning work surfaces, floors, washroom and equipment. Perform filing and basic accounting duties.
- Be our Voice – Work with the marketing manager to manage the social media, and write content for the marketing channels.
- Technical Savvy – Manage, maintain and update the website, and write content. Manage the CRM and ensure all systems are synced.
- Business development – Be an integral part of building the business to the next level.
Skills & Qualifications
- Business background with a focus on customer service.
- Friendly with exceptional customer service skills. A good communicator.
- Highly organised. Able to manage multiple projects and move between taks effortlessly.
- Experience in either event planning, sponsorship, partnerships or promotions.
- Advanced communications skills (verbal and written)
- Understanding of communications tools (Slack, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, IG)
- Not afraid to roll up sleeves and get things done.
- An understanding of startups, entrepreneurship, large to medium size business.
- Some technical knowledge (or ability to learn) WordPress, Hubspot, surveys.
Send us an email, apply online or send us a one-minute video and show us how you bring together community!